Fair Farms recently welcomed Mérieux NutriSciences as the newest Fair Farms Approved Auditing Body becoming the fifth audit firm to support the Australian-centric ethical sourcing, training & certification program.
Mérieux NutriSciences Australia offers comprehensive laboratory testing and auditing services across Australia to meet the needs of manufacturers, food processors, caterers and now growers with Fair Farms. Their appointment as the newest auditing body for Fair Farms happened at this year’s Hort Connections.
Mérieux NutriSciences Technical & Certification Manager Annmarie Schwanke said becoming an approved auditing body was a fulfilling endeavour for the organisation.
“We really value the contribution the Fair Farms program is making in the horticulture industry – the program is helping to shape a positive space for not only growers but also for horticulture workers,” Annmarie said.
“We’re excited to deliver audits on behalf of Fair Farms, and we believe the program fits our ethos of creating better food, better health and a better world.”
Fair Farms’ National Program Manager Sachin Ayachit said having Mérieux join Fair Farms delivered on the program’s promise to increase auditor capacity.
“Fair Farms audits are completed by independent third-party audit firms like Mérieux,” Sachin said.
“Mérieux has gone through the process of becoming an auditing body for Fair Farms over the past several months and I am confident they will deliver comprehensive and professionals audits for our growers,” Sachin said.
“We currently have AUSQUAL, Intertek, SAS and SGS delivering audits for Fair Farms.
“To have Mérieux be a part of that mix and helping to deliver on Fair Farms endeavour to increase auditor capacity for our growers only serves to illustrate our commitment to promoting and celebrating fair and ethical employment practices in the horticulture industry.”
Fair Farms Fast Facts:
- Fair Farms launched as a program in 2019.
- It currently has 350 members who are on their way to becoming Fair Farms Certified Members.
- To be an approved Fair Farms Auditing Body, auditors must go through a rigorous training and approval process as per Fair Farms Audit Guide.
- Fair Farm audits are delivered in accordance with the Fair Farms Standard, Rules and Audit Guide developed by the program.
- To find out more about Fair Farms visit www.fairfarms.com.au.
Mérieux NutriSciences Fast Facts:
- Mérieux NutriSciences has been auditing horticulture programs since 2008.
- As a JAS-ANZ accredited Certification Body and an ISO 9001:2015. Certified business Mérieux NutriSciences is committed to providing high-quality auditing across all GFSI Food Safety programs and the Fair Farms Program for social compliance.
- We have auditors based across Australia to service the industry.
- Mérieux NutriSciences is a full-service solutions provider offering over 200 analytical methods and services ranging from testing, auditing, consulting, contract research and more.
- For more information about Mérieux visit www.merieuxnutrisciences.com/au/